Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Mind is a Scary Place

While this may not be a huge revelation to my husband, those who don't know me well may be surprised at what I am about to reveal: my mind is a scary, scary place. In fact, if left to my thoughts and imagination long enough, I could honestly be certified insane! While some have deep thoughts about religion, politics, or their journey in life, when I sit down and attempt to journal or blog my mind goes on a funky tangent of bizarre ideas, unusual questions and generally odd wonderings.

My husband believes that it is this oddity about me that probably drew me to the now-ended show Gilmore Girls. While secretly I had to admit that I could relate alot to the characters of the show, and mainly with Lauren Graham's character "Lorelai Gilmore," there was one episode in the final season that 100% confirmed my husband's suspicisions. This scene had me crying with laughter and
finally admitting that he was right. The episode was called "It's a Big Bad of Weird in There," and without further explanation of what goes on in my mind I leave you with the following lines from the scene to sum up:

Rory: Sounds like you're overthinking this. Maybe if you just put pen to paper --
Lorelai:
I tried that. I thought, I'll just sit down and write whatever comes. No judgment, no inner critic -- boy, was that a bad idea.
Rory: Really? Why?
Lorelai:
Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. "I'm writing a letter. I can't write a letter. Why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress. I wish I was wearing my blue dress. My blue dress is at the cleaners'. 'The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.' Casablanca. Casablanca's such a good movie. Casablanca. The White House. Bush. Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work. Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants."
Rory: "Hockey puck rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants"?
Lorelai:
"Exactly! That's what I'm saying. It's a big bag of weird in there!"

No comments: