Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"You're It!"

Apparently I've been "tagged." I didn't realize it until I logged on, by chance, to Meghan's blog, but none-the-less "I'm it"! The rules are as follows:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. You may need to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So here it goes:

1. I am a neat-freak, especially when it comes to my house. Everything has its place, I clean constantly and find joy in cleaning and seeing the house spotless.

2. I was a horrible child. Between the ages of 6 and 9 I gave my parents a serious run for their money. They actually wondered at some point if I was demon-spawned! ;-) Through those years I cheated, stole, lied, abused, bullied, etc. and even got a boy in my 3rd grade class expelled for something I claimed he did (but he didn't do).

3. I love public speaking but am horribly shy and avoid crowds. Given the opportunity to address a crowd on a topic I am passionately about, I enjoy the challenge of crafting and delivering a message. And yet, I avoid crowds, hate being the center of attention and do everything possible to blend in and not be noticed on a day-to-day basis. Strange, I know.

4. I dream of opening a bed & breakfast/inn somewhere beautiful and welcoming people from all parts of the world.

5. If given the opportunity to quit my job and be a stay-at-home wife (and someday mother), I would quit without a moment's thought. I love being home, caring for my hubby, and supporting my hubby in his ministry.

6. I have a spicy "chocolate chilly pepper marriage!" We are both strong, stubborn, independent people, which makes our marriage spicy; but we are committed, totally in love and passionate about our marriage which coats it in chocolate!

7. I never thought I'd be a pastor's wife, let along serving in a Chinese Church! I certainly don't feel like a pastor's wife...

8. I have eaten guinea pig, climbed an active volcano, straddled the northern and southern hemisphere at the same time, lived through military coups, earthquakes and mudslides and felt the sting of tear gas. Such is the life of a missionary kid! Whoo hoo!

I tag Jenny, Drew, Jim, Andrea, David, and Salla. That's it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your #4 - is my dream too! I also would stay home and take care of my hubby any day!

Sharon said...

I love your 8 random facts! It's always fun finding out things you wouldn't normally know about people! :)

Jenny said...

#9 - you are a very creative writer. You know, I think FOF is hiring!!