Friday, January 22, 2010

Blondes

We're celebrating National Blonde Brownie today with... you guessed it... blonde brownies for dessert! Having never made these before I put out a plea to my Facebook friends for a good recipe. I got a great one from an old friend from highschool (thanks Mary Howard Larson, LOL!). Here it is:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, followed by 2 eggs and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla.
Next, mix in 1 1/2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
Last, mix in chocolate chips.
Spread into a grease square pan and bake for 30-40 mins or until done.

(note - this is not a picture of the brownies I made...
just a random picture I got off the internet! LOL!)


What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: Measure Your Feet Day! Hummmm....

No comments: