Friday, January 29, 2010

It's Puzzling

Today we had the option of celebrating either National Cornchip Day or National Puzzle day (neigther of which are actually "national" days since apparently this would reguire an act of Congress in the US). Since we didn't have cornchips in the house, and frankly could stand to eat less chips in general, we opted to celebrate puzzles.

Ironically the day started out on the slow side for me, as I work up in a fair bit of pain. Somehow I managed to pull my back how -- how is a puzzle to me though, but after a few advil, a good dose of coffee and a tender backrub from my hero I was good to go. Bring on the puzzles!

While I steer as far away as possible from mind-bending puzzles that make me want to pull my hair out, my hubby and I love jigsaw puzzles and have several framed in our home. When we were in our "jigsaw puzzle framing" kick several years ago, I found a cute Noahs' Ark puzzle that I bought in the anticipation of some day putting it together with the children we had. What we didn't know at the time, was just how hard it was gonna be to have any children!

So today was a special day, as we put together a puzzle with our miracle child. It was fun to watch her face change from a puzzled expression to an expression of awe as the picture came into being. The puzzle didn't last long, but it was fun while it lasted.

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: National Inane Answering Message Day!

No comments: