Tuesday, January 19, 2010

That's corny!

Q: What did the baby corn say to the mommy corn?
A: "where's pop corn?"


That's right
(insert drum roll here), it's National Popcorn day! Now this is a holiday I can get in to! Yum!


As I considered how to celebrate this corny day, it occurred to me what a great "homeschooling" day this could be if my daughter was old enough. I was surprised at how much info, educational and fun, there was on the web about this tasty snack! We could study the history of popcorn, the science of popcorn, the different ways to pop the corn, the various uses for popcorn, and even play with some recipes that use popcorn!

But alas, all I can do to celebrate this holiday with my daughter this year is introduce her to the wonderful stuff and see if she likes it. Here's hoping she doesn't like it... ;-) ... more for me!

Wanna celebrate National Popcorn day with your family? Check out this website all about the corn that pops!

Tomorrow: Penguin Awareness Day

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I ate popcorn on Popcorn Day! :D I used it as an excuse to eat popcorn WITH butter, actually. Oh so good...although it does make me feel a little sick. But I ignore that part!

Are you planning to homeschool the Abbie-meister?