Monday, January 04, 2010

Trivia Day!

What's the deepest land gorge?
What film features Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau trying to pull off an insurance fraud?
Where were the cancelled 1940 Summer Olympics to have been held?
How many reindeer pull Santa's sleigh?
How many times a day does the typical person go to the bathroom?
What day is today?

It's Trivia Day!

In honour of a day my husband loves (I call him my fountain of useless (oops, I mean useful) knowledge), it's Trivia Day! Time to annoy (err... impress?) those around you with how much you know about random things. Or, in my case, time to show your family just how little you know! ;-) In honour of Trivia Day today, we are dusting off our old Trivial Pursuit game and having some fun.

But as I was thinking about how to celebrate this day, it occurred to me that there was another way to look at this. While focusing on trivia can be fun and even entertaining, focusin on the trivial can lead to heartache. Trust me, I'm a pro.

So in the spirit of finding purpose in each day of celebration, I'm spending today focusing less on the trivial. Here's to a day when I enjoy each moment, savour the time with my family, and count my blessings in the midst of the storm.

What are you doing to celebrate today?

Tomorrow -- National Bird Day! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Trivial Pursuit! I have a wealth of useless knowledge, so I always do well at this game, and it was one of my favourite games growing up. Speaking of which, I have this for my Wii, so maybe I'll play that tonight. :)