Thursday, February 18, 2010

Battery Powered

Today was the ode to the battery. And in the spirit of things I sent my hubby and toddler on a mission to find out how many battery operated or "batteries optional" (meaning those things that can use batteries or electrical power) things we had in the house. We were surprised to learn that our number of battery operated do-dads is 60+! Wow! From clocks to cell phones, wireless keyboards, and toys... even a pepper grinder in our house requires batteries! Who knew?

But this day also got me thinking about my own internal battery and the phrase so many of us use when we pursue some "down time," to "recharge our batteries." For some, it's sports. For other, the theatre. For me, it's music. Music soothes my soul. It refreshes and renews me. It gets me movin' and dancin', and lifts my spirits. What helps you recharge?

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: National Chocolate Mint Day

No comments: