Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nothing But the Blood

Today is "Supreme Sacrifice Day", a day set aside to recognize those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for the good of others. It goes without saying that history is full of men and women who fit this description; from those who have lost their lives in battle so that we can be free, to those who put their lives on the line daily to protect us from fire, crime, etc.

But I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to acknowledge THE sacrifice. The sacrifice above all sacrifices. The ULTIMATE sacrifice because of love. I am thankful every day for the One who gave His life for me. I live in hope because of Him. There is nothing, absolutely nothing like the blood of Jesus Christ.

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Oh, precious is the flow
that makes me white as snow.
No other fount I know.
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

And because He lives I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.


If you are reading this, and don't know of the One who gave His life for YOU, follow this link to learn more: http://www.billygraham.org/SH_StepsToPeace.asp.

**************

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: Poultry Day; National Chocolate Caramel Day; The Great American Meat Out Day; Act Happy Day; Let's Laugh Day;

No comments: