Friday, May 14, 2010

Exhausted Cocktails and Chicken

My goal to celebrate Limerick Day on Wednesday turned out to be more of an unintentional celebration of "Fatigue Syndrome Day" instead. While I don't actually suffer from FS, I sure felt like I did on Wednesday when both my darling daughter and I came down with a nasty cold. Thanks to a sleepless night, and pounding head, all creativity to form a witty limerick died and in it's place was an afternoon of cuddling, wiping snotty noses and wishing for sleep.

Thursday dawned brighter (although not any less sleepy) and we celebrated "Fruit Cocktail Day" with our own blend of fruits from our pantry - strawberries, mangos, banana and some yogurt. Just what the doctor ordered for a house full of sicklys! ;-)

Today, while my daughter and I are on the mend and feeling the energy coming back, we will dance like chickens in honour of "Dance like a Chicken Day" while my poor hubby goes back to bed thanks to our loving desire to be a family who shares... poor guy.

What have you done to celebrate life lately?

Tomorrow: Chocolate Chip Day!

No comments: