Thursday, June 10, 2010

Steeped or Sun?

Today is Iced Tea Day; a day that's pretty easy to celebrate in our house. We love Iced Tea. I make a fresh jug of it every other day, and have been anxiously awaiting better summer, sunny weather so I can break free from the "steeped" variety to my absolute favourite - Sun Tea. I fell in love with Sun Tea while living in Texas for language school in the early 80s. You wouldn't think brewing tea for 3-5 hours in the hot summer sun would change the flavour... but it does. And it's so good.

So, if you're in the neighbourhood on a hot, sunny day this summer, stop by the Lau House for some freshly brewed sun tea and we'll shoot the breeze.


What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: Hug Holiday; National German Chocolate Cake Day; and the 1st day of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa (hum... I wonder what we'll be celebrating tomorrow... ;-) Hee hee.)

No comments: