Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yellow Pigs and Icecream

Yesterday was "Yellow Pig Day," a day set aside to honour the pot-bellied animal. So in honour of them, I chose to learn about them instead of devouring them like I usually do. Yes, sorry my pig lovin' friends, but up until yesterday I was much more in tune the many yummy ways to enjoy a pig, rather then getting in tune with the animal's nature. As it turns out, pigs apparently are very intelligent and can actually be taught to do tricks, etc. Who knew?

Today is a day I can really get into, and I choose to dedicate this day of celebration to my grandfather who lives and breaths the stuff. It's ice cream day! The perfect day to grab a treat form Dairy Queen, Island Farms, or what ever your local ice cream haunt is. My choice, if I could choose anything ice cream related, would be ice cream from Tillamook, Oregon! The bad news is, that we cant' get it here. The good news is that I will be there in a week's time and will be able to endulge then!

Until then, I choose to combine the two days of holidays into this interesting morsel we learned about not long ago. I'm working up the courage to find some and try it:


What have you done to celebrate lately?

Tomorrow: National Raspberry Cake Day; National Daquiri Day


No comments: