Friday, August 13, 2010

Mouth-Watering Celebrations

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to get back into your routine after vacation? Well, this week has been a challenge of epic porportions for my brain, my body, and my toddler. Focusing on tasks, getting up early again, and "forcing" my daughter back into a routine has not been a pleasant task, but we're on our way back now and that puts me in the mood to celebrate.

This week however, since simply getting out of bed of a challenge, the random holidays sped by me with a mere glance at the calendar and the thought of doing something about it. Fortunately most of the days this week have been food-related... which has given me plenty of ideas for meals and other yummies as I plan out my menu for the next couple weeks. So, in homage to the random holidays this week, I've collected recipes for the following mouth-watering morssels!

(Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas, in honour of National Zucchini Day - Sunday, Aug 8)

(Forbidden Rice Pudding, in honour of National Rice Pudding Day - Monday, Aug 9)

(Grilled Brioche S'mores - in honour of National S'mores Day, Tuesday, Aug 10)

(Mare Brown Butter Raspberry Tart - in honour of National Raspberry Tart Day, Wednesday, Aug 11)

(Baked Sweet Potato Julienned Fries - in honour of National Julienne Fries Day, Thursday, Aug 12)

(Peppercorn-Crusted Filet Mignon with Port Jus -
in honour of National Filet Mignon Day, TODAY!)

What have you done to celebrate this week?

Tomorrow: National Creamsicle Day

No comments: