Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Shall We Dance?

I heard a song on the radio today that goes so well with my on-going theme to celebrate life. While I'm not terribly familiar with the author (Lee Ann Womack), nor can I say I truly enjoyed listening to her sing it, the words do resonate with me:

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance...


Take time to smell the roses today. Count and thank God for His blessings. And... remember to dance!

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

~Mark Twain/William Purkey/whomever (there are discrepancies about who actually said this)

2 comments:

Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

I didn't know Mark Twain said that?! I think I've seen that quote in card stores before, but I think it's always been attributed to "anonymous". Good quote.

Shari Lau said...

Actually when I first pulled it off a google search it sited Mark Twain, then after reading your comment I went back to google and found other sites that listed him, someone named William Purkey and even Bono. So now I'm not 100% certain who said it at all! ;-) Perhaps that's why the quotes have always said anonymous???