Friday, January 15, 2010

Mad Hatters

It was National Hat Day today, so to celebrate I considered taking a stroll to Fort Langley to visit Roxann's of Fort Langley (a cute hat shop). However today was a rather blustery, horrible rainy day -- not ideal for strolling. Besides, who really wants to visit a shop filled with hats and other trinkets that could be ruined in under 10 seconds by a inquisitive toddler?

So, instead I made paper pirate hats with my daugther, and then we had fun when Daddy came home trying on the various hats we had in the house. We aren't a hat family, so we didn't have many... but we had fun anyway. ;-)


What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: National Do Nothing Day

1 comment:

Sumner Family said...

Not going to the store is likely a good idea. I once spent a lot of money on a hat...things we do on impulse. Next year come to our house on hat day - we have lots!

I think you guys look pretty cute in the ones you have though!