Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Peculiar Kind of Love

I find it ironic that today, a Sunday, is "Peculiar People Day." After all, what better place to find some pretty peculiar people than in church on a Sunday morning. We Christians certainly are a peculiar bunch -- especially in the eyes of the world! But then again it makes sense when you consider that we serve a pretty peculiar God.

Now it may sound blasphemous to call God peculiar, but think about it for a second. The Almighty God chose to leave Heaven, and all the comforts afforded Him as God of the universe, to come down to the earth and take on human form. To live among us, as one of us. I don't know about you, but in my own humanness I can't fathom doing such a peculiar thing! But He did it, and He did it for the most peculiar of all reasons -- because He loved us. He loved despite our inability to understand Him or truly love Him in return the way He deserves. Sounds pretty peculiar to me, especially when I know I don't deserve His love.

So here's to a peculiar God, and the peculiar way He chose to express His love for humanity. I may be peculiar for accepting that love, but I will never, ever, regret it.

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: "Step in a Puddle and Spalsh Your Friends" Day

No comments: