Saturday, January 09, 2010

"Playing God"

I was extremely skeptical about today's "holiday" -- "Playing God" day. After all, as my fav Christian artist puts it, "God is God and I am not." But the Holiday Insights people put a different spin on how to celebrate this day that I found helpful. So instead of trying to be God (or "play" God), I chose to instead consider how I see God working through the people around me.

So today I celebrate my husband. Through God's work in him, I see God's love for me... in the unconditional way he loves and accepts me just as I am; in the faithful love and gentle care he has for our child; in his patience; in his servant-heart as he let me sleep today, making breakfast for the babe and even in bringing home pizza so I could rest today. He may not be playing God, but he's allowing God work through him to remind me of how he and HE cares for me.

Thank you Lord for my husband - my lover, my friend.

What did you do to celebrate life today?

Tomorrow: Peculiar People Day

No comments: