Thursday, February 04, 2010

Going Postal

I had good intentions about thanking our mail carrier person today, but I'm still trying to figure out when our mail is delivered to our complex, and fear that it may coincide with my daughter's morning nap. So alas, I didn't catch our mail carrier today. I considered sticking a note on the mail box to offer my thanks... but with a teething toddler I was leaning more towards "going postal" today than being a thankful frame of mind.

None the less, I am grateful for our postal service. It's amazing when you think of how far we've come, and how quickly you can receive a letter from the other side of the world now adays. There is something special about getting a letter - a hand written letter - in the mail nowadays too.

So here's to our mail carriers! Thank you.

How did you celebrate today?

Tomorrow: National Weatherman's Day

No comments: