Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Blossoming Peach

I had no idea what "Peach Blossom Day" was about, thinking initially it must be a dessert of some kind. So I was surprised when I read HolidayInsights's website and learned that a peach blossom is a term of endearment for a little girl. So to commemorate this day it seemed fitting to celebrate my own little peach blossom by spending some time playing and being "girls." We played with dolls, we dressed up in play clothes and beads, and listened to girly music while we giggled the day away.

I plan on celebrating this day every year as a mother-daugther date day. The perfect way to celebrate being girls and bonding as mother and daughter.

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: National Pound Cake Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I'm sure she'll love these days with you as she grows up. :)

I guess I celebrated by wearing high heels. LOL. I'm not much of a girly girl, but I have taken to wearing heels at work now, since I found a cute and comfy pair that I really love. :)

Meg Baxter said...

Here's a contribution for pound cake day! It was posted the other day:

http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2010/03/avocado-pound-cake/

Shari Lau said...

Thanks Meghan! Sounds interesting. I'll have to try it! ;-)