Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Love those lips!

I've never really taken the time to consider lips before today. I mean, frankly unless my lips are chapped and hurting, they never really cross my mind. So when I learned that today was Lips Appreciation Day, it made me pause to really think about them. While the first thing that came to mind was smooching, when I really got into it (thinking, not smooching) it really occurred to me how amazing our lips really are.

I mean think about it. Our lips do quite a bit and never get any credit! They are a major muscle, responsible for helping us eat, talk, express ourselves, and enjoy pleasures. The come in all shapes and sizes, even colours! And let's face it... with out them we'd look pretty darn scary!

So here's to our lips! May they always be curved into a smile, never used to relay unkind words, and always eager to smooch!


What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: Submarine Day; St. Patrick's Day

No comments: