Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blanketed Pigs

It's National Pigs n' a Blanket Day! What fun!

According to the websites I visited as I read up on the history of this holiday, pigs n' a blanket in the US is very different from my Canadian/British interpretation! My hubby and I immediately assumed that the blanketed pig morsels were breakfasts sausages wrapped in a pancake, but apparently our Yankee friends do it differently (sausages wrapped in a biscuit or pastry and baked for appetizer sized bites). What ever the case may be, these pigs are yummy, and we intend to celebrate them tonight at dinner with a meal we can confidently say our 18-month-old will eat! After all, who doesn't love pancakes?!?!?! ;-)

What will you do to celebrate life today?

Tomorrow: East Meets West Day; World Penguin Day; National Zucchini Bread Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny - I've never heard of the Canadian version of pigs in blankets before today! I've always thought of them as sausages or hot dogs in pastry, and didn't know there was any other kind. Your daily holidays have been so educational! :)