Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rained-Out Picnics

I had planned to celebrate yesterday (National Picnic Day) with a picnic lunch for our family. But alas the temperamental weather forced us to have our lunch indoors. So instead we picnicked on the floor of the living room, while our 18-month-old watched The Wiggles. It was fun.

Thinking about picnics did remind me of a fond memory from when my hubby and I were dating though. Until he met me, he'd never ever had a picnic on the ground before. Can you believe that? When I found that out I quickly packed a basket and wisked him off to Stanley Park to do it right. We picnicked under a tree overlooking the ocean (which then became "our spot" and where he proposed to me on a rainy November day), and then we enjoyed a visit to the Aquarium. Ahhh the memories. ;-)

What did you do to celebrate yesterday?

Today: Pigs n' a Blanket Day! What a perfect celebration for a Saturday!

1 comment:

leather wine totes said...

This is such a lovely story. Indoor picnics can be fun as well. It's nice to know that picnics will always rekindle those sweet memories spent with your husband.