Monday, May 17, 2010

Drooling Pack Rats

Ok, so no, this post is not literally about drooling pack rats. That was just to get you to read it. This post is about drooling and pack rats separately however.

Yesterday was National Coquilles St. Jacques Day. I had no idea what that was, so I did what all good web surfers do... I Googled it. Call me crazy, but "Bing'ing" something just doesn't seem right. I'm a Google girl to the core.

Anyway, it was in my quest to learn what Coquilles St. Jacques was, that the drooling came into play. While I didn't have the cash to go and pick up everything I needed to make Coquilles St. Jacques, I did spend some time drooling over various recipe variations of what I learned to be a french feast of scallops! Yum! I've added it to my list of "must make this soon" recipes and plan to do so the minute I find a moment and some extra cash. Hum... perhaps that would make the perfect meal to celebrate my hubby getting a job???? Something to think about...

Today, I went from drooling to being completely grossed out by the concept of pack rats. I watched a re-run episode of Hoarders. I've never watched this, and frankly didn't even realize that this was literally a "condition." Never in my life would I consider hanging on to well, everything! As the daughter of missionaries, and one used to the process of packing, purging and moving on a regular basis, the concept of being a pack rat isn't even in my line of vision. Add to that my obsession with cleanliness and hoarding just makes my skin crawl. Wow.

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: International Museum Day; No Dirty Dishes Day; Visit Your Relatives Day; Cheese Souffle Day.

No comments: