Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oye with the Poodles...




And with that I begin my post to catch up on several missed posts of "celebrations."

The past (almost) week has been busy, exhausting, time-consuming... the perfect way to describe life with a toddler I guess, and basically life in general some weeks. But that hasn't dampened the desire to celebrate the random holidays. While I have to admit that some days did fly by with merely a verbal acknowledgement of what day it was, other days did get their due "celebration" if even for a few moments. Here's a quick recap:

Thursday was National Handshake Day. The perfect thing to celebrate with a toddler who is all about imitation right now. She's gotten pretty good and understanding the handshake now thanks to this random holiday.

Friday was Take Your Dog to Work Day. Since I don't have a dog, and since I work at home most days, I had no idea how to celebrate this aside from thinking about the chaos the office would be if I did go in with a dog!

Saturday was a day I planned on celebrating -- Chocolate Pudding Day, but also turned out to be Forgiveness Day which is what I ended up actually celebrating. Let's just say our marriage can be best defined by one word: spicy! When you put together two first-born, strong-willed, independent thinkers, you get fireworks and Friday was certainly firey. However, we never end our day that way and when all was said and done all was forgotten and forgiven.

Sunday was Sunglasses Day, which I wanted to celebrate had it not been for the gray day outside. What's with this summer west-coast weather this year anyway? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the lack of HEAT in this summer. But the sun, come on... we need it!!!

Monday was Tapioca Day. To be honest, until I married a Malaysian I though tapioca was only good for pudding ... and even then not really that great. It turns out though that many countries actually cook with taipoca! I've had some pretty tasty dishes with the strange little balled ingredient. I didn't make anything to celebrate... but I did drool as I thought about it! ;-)

And that leads us up to today. Today's choices of random holidays included one that is my personal fav. It's Camera Day. What better way to celebrate than to grab my Nikon and enjoy capturing the moments of my growing toddler.


What have you done to celebrate life over the past few days?

Tomorrow: Meteor Day; National Icecream Soda Day

1 comment:

Sharon said...

As soon as I saw this title in my reader feed I smiled, as I knew exactly what you were referring to. :) Oh how I love that show!

I didn't have chocolate pudding on Saturday, but I did have a chocolate cupcake! Yummmm! :)