Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chocoloatey Not-So Eclairs

I was excited about yesterday's day of celebration. Why? Because it was "Chocolate Eclair Day" and my hubby loves them! A week ago we were at Granville Island I caught him drooling over some in a yummy bakery we walked by. Knowing that Chocolate Eclair Day was coming up soon, I told him we'd get some later... or so I thought.

It turns out that finding chocolate eclairs is a lot harder than you'd think... at least if you live in Langley. After I finished up work in the office I stopped in at several bakeries hoping to bring my man some yummy eclair goodness, but alas I came hope empty handed. I told him of my hunt; and he set out that afternoon to fulfill my (his) wishes. Again, he came home empty handed.

It was while I was making dinner though, that my hubby had an idea. He scooped up our toddler and told me he'd be back in 10 minutes. 20 minutes later (yes, dinner was ready and getting cold), he arrived with a box of donuts from Tim Hortons and a bag of groceries from Save-On Foods. There was a twinkle in his eye.

After dinner my daughter and I were banished from the kitchen while my hubby prepared his surprise dessert. A few minutes later he came out of the kitchen with one of Tim Horton's "long john" donuts, which he had carefully cute in half horizontally and filled with whipped cream. A make-shift chocolate eclair a la Sherman. It was odd. But it was yummy. ;-)

What have you done to celebrate life lately?

**************************

Today was National Pink Day. I'm not a huge fan of pink, so I have very little of it in my wardrobe. We do, however, have a 20-month-old daughter. She has a lot of pink. So, I celebrated pink day by dressing her in a cute onesie and hot pink shorts. She was cute... and very pink.

***************************

Tomorrow: Swim a Lap Day; Prailines Day; International Fairy Day; National Handshake Day

1 comment:

Marina said...

If you have a Costco membership, they sell boxes of mini eclairs in their freezer section... Sooo delicious!