Monday, June 21, 2010

Splurging, Sauntering, Snuggles and Summer

Selebrations, I mean celebrations, over the past days have all started with "S"! Friday was "National Splurge Day," so we splurged and got pizza for dinner. We don't do it often (although we are tempted to since we have a Panago Pizza literally outside our living room window), so we savoured the yummy flavours of our splurge and thanked the Lord for the ability to do it.

Saturday was all about sauntering. We spent time sauntering around the mall while letting our monkey-pants expel some energy, and sauntered out to the patio that night to enjoy watching her wade in her little pool while my hubby grilled up some burgers.

Sunday brought on the sillies and the snuggles. It was Father's Day, which led to a phone call to my daddy across the continent, and some silly giggles from my daughter as she babbled to him on the phone. Then it was some silliness and snuggles with daddy as I sat and enjoyed the sight of them together. Oh how she loves him!

And today, well today is the first day of summer. Not that you'd know it by looking outside these days. I think summer may have decided to skip the West Coast this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining too loudly. Afterall, I could do without the heat that each summer brings. But even I am longing for sun and warmer weather! So, while we didn't have a whole lot of sun to celebrate today, we did celebrate the first day of summer indoors. Odd.

What have you done to celebrate laterly?

Tomorrow: National Chocolate Eclair Day; National Onion Ring Day.

No comments: