Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Keeping in Simple...

Yesterday's day of "celebration" was all about keeping it simple (Simplicity Day). It was a good reminder for me to cut out what is not necessary, and focus on the simple, basic, unchanging truths in a world and daily life that can feel out of control at times. It also got me thinking about my blog... and how "simple" it was supposed to be to celebrate random holidays in an effort to remember to find moments each day to celebrate life. It has been simple, easy to celebrate these days... it just hasn't been simple to find time to write about it!

But, here is a simple recap on our past week of celebrations:

Thursday was Milk Chocolate with Almonds day. No problem. Nice and simple. And tasty too! ;-)

Friday was sugar cookie day. That sounded fun and I was all geared up to bake some cookies with my toddler... until the heat wave changed our plans and pumped our thermometer up to 30 C! No way was I turning on the oven! Sugar cookies will have to wait!

Saturday was the perfect weather for "Teddy Bear Picnic Day" and "Pina Colada Day." We ended up enjoying a picnic on Crescent Beach... minus (sadly, sniff sniff) the pina coladas!

Sunday we chose to abandon the "random holidays" and instead celebrate the final game of the 2010 FIFA World Cup! It was an interesting cup this time around, with the big names getting cut early and the surprise teams coming out on top. We were happy, however, with the conclusion --- Viva Espana!

Monday, as noted above, was simplicity day. Kept it simple with some quality time with my toddler, basic work and simple house chores.

And today is Embrace Your Geekness Day! I choose to embrace my geekness with the following:



What have you done to celebrate life of late?

Tomorrow: Bastille Day; Pandemonium Day; National Nude Day; Macaroni Day; Grand Marnier Day; Pick Blueberries Day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love that video! So cool. :) My inner geek thanks you! ;)