Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sponges, Waffles and Banana Splits

Monday was "National Sponge Cake Day." I'm not a huge fan of this sorta cake... unless of course it's soaked in Rum. "Why is the rum always gone?" (Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"). Check out this oh so yummy ethnic recipe: Rum-Soaked Sponge Cake.

Tuesday was set aside to remember with fondness the person who invented the waffle iron. God bless them! ;-) I chose to celebrate by having waffles for lunch. It's always a good day when waffles are on!

Today is all about the banana split. Sadly, however, our bananas are not ripe enough, we don't have any chocolate sauce (for shame!) and I'm all ice-creamed out (yes, that is possible)! Instead I chose to find the biggest banana split known to man. Surprisingly, several people boast to having the biggest one! All I know is I got hungry when I saw this one:




How have you celebrate life lately?


Tomorrow: National Cherry Popsicle Day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ah yes, the rum always seems to be gone in my house. ;) I've been known to exclaim that when I notice there's none left.

I've celebrated life today by buying the complete set of Lost on DVD. I just couldn't resist. It was expensive, but it's worth every penny. I've held off buying the DVD's so that I could get the complete set with all the nerdy fan stuff in it. :)