Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Angel

Today is "Be An Angel Day," and as I type this I am enjoying a precious few minutes of solitude in the quiet of my house. After a busy day of church, a heated argument followed by an honest, heart-felt conversation, and a nap that left us all feeling refreshed, my husband - my angel - whisked our toddler out to the park to allow me some much-needed alone time. I appreciate it, and I appreciate him. I don't tell him that enough.

I'm learning right now. Experiencing the painful process of refining. The cleansing of the impurities in my soul, in my heart, in my words and actions is gut-wrenching. Combine that with a journey over the past eight months that has been more challenging than I could have ever dreamed, and I'm often left feeling like an empty shell with nothing left to give. Unfortunately, when that happens to us its our closest, most dearest loved ones who take the brunt of it. I recognize that, I acknowledge that, I am sorry for that.

Life is hard. Marriage is harder. But when the dust clears I see him, and I see God through Him. I see how hard he's trying to put our life back together. I see his anticipation of the new journey before us. I see his willingness to try, to learn, to do right by us. This demands my respect, my unconditional love and my patience. And so I renew my pledge again to love with complete abandon, to honour him and trust him as he seeks God's wisdom for our family.

He is my hero. My friend. My angel.

*******************************************************************
What have you done to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: National Spongecake Day; Ride the Wind Day

1 comment:

Mending Thots, Minding Tots said...

Dearest Shari, thank you for your honesty and the gentle reminder that our husbands do their best, and so, like you said so poignantly, deserve our respect, love and thanks.

Hugs to you and yours. Angelina