Saturday, August 21, 2010

A week's worth of celebrations...

Sunday was "National Relaxation Day," so it seemed to be a fitting day to hit the park after church. It was HOT on Sunday too, making the shade of the trees at the park a welcome place to be. We met up with some old friends from the church we were visiting, enjoyed some chicken and other random foods, watched Abbie play in the sand and climb the slide, and generally chilled out. Perfection.

Monday was Bratwurst day, and while we did not dine on sausage, I certainly wished I could! However, Monday nights my hubby is out in meetings and that leaves me home alone with the kiddo. And, since I don't touch le BBQ, and it was way to hot to turn the oven on, I opted for a pancake dinner with my darling daughter. Bratwurst with sauerkraut on a warm, fresh hoagie was on my mind though. Yum!

Tuesday, was Vanilla Custard Day. Anyone who knows me well knows that that is not a day I would choose to celebrate. I'm not a custard, pudding or jello kind of girl. But that didn't stop me from reading up on custard, and finding out how countries around the world enjoy it. I still don't like it... but it was an interesting read.

Wednesday was a day I could get into... and did. National Soft Icecream day left me really no other choice than to make a pass through the McDonald's drive thru for a hot fudge sundae (with extra fudget of course!). Yummy!

Thursday was Potato Day, but I opted to make spaghetti and meatballs for my man. However that didn't stop us from enjoying the potato by indulging in a little snack later that night. Potato chips are a food group in my husband's eyes.

Friday was Lemonade Day and who doesn't loooooove lemonade! Unfortunately in the hustle and bustle of our "family day of fun" that took us to Second Beach and then Granville Island, I completely forgot to make lemonade! Boo. Oh well, I thought about it, does that count?

Last but not least -- today. Today was Spumoni Day, and let me just say this: I love Italian food. I love Italy. But Spumoni -- sorry, not so much. When it comes to icecream, I am a chocolate only (unless it's vanilla icecream drowning in chocolate sauce) kind of person. The idea of pistachios and cherries mixed along side of chocolate just seems, well, wrong. Sorry Italy.

What have you done to celebrate life lately?

Tomorrow: Be An Angel Day.

No comments: