Thursday, September 02, 2010

Cinderella

I tuned in this week to Focus on the Family's broadcast with Steven and Mary Beth Chapman, and listened to them relay all that God has been teaching them since the death of their 5 year old daughter Maria in May of 2008. Their story breaks my heart me each time. I was 1/2 way through my pregnancy with Abbie when I tuned into the radio that day in May and learned of the Chapman's loss. After the announcement, the station played Steven's song "Cinderella." I sat on the bed, hand on my belly, and cried.

Now, over two years later, their broadcast this week was the gentle reminder I needed to stop worrying about naps, potty training, and battles of the will... and savour each moment with our own little Cinderella. She'll be two soon... and we are amazed at how fast those two years have gone.


No comments: