Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love Served Here

Garlic wafts through the house like a welcome blanket of homey goodness. My once clean t-shirt, now stained red with tomato sauce, serves as a towel for my hands after washing brillantly green lettuce in the sink. And I smile as I listen to the sounds of my daughter and her daddy hard at play. Working up an appetite for what promises to be a feast for the senses.

I go back to my pot and stir. I stir and know that simmering on my stove is a pot full of love ... and linguine. It is linguine day, and we will soon sit and savour this italian delight and the joy of time together. A meal served with love from this grateful momma to her little family. And my heart is full.

1 comment:

julie said...

Oh, I love this post! Your home always sounds so warm and cosy.