Thursday, February 10, 2011

Forced Creativity

An interesting thing happens when you become a mother. No one ever tells you about it, and no book will prepare you for it. 

I called it "forced creativity." 

Bred solely out of pure desperation and a direct result of hair pulling, head banging and shed tears, "forced creativity" is what happens when mother meets toddler in the fight to get food (and not just any food, but healthy, brain-boosting, vitamin/protein-packed food) eaten. Driven by sheer determination to ensure my child does exist on hot dogs and cheese, I've been forced to get creative in how I sneak veggies and even protein into my little rug-rat. 

I know I talk about it a lot. I write about it in my status on Facebook on a daily basis, blog about it continually, and have even written about it for the non-profit I work for. My apologies to readers who are tired of hearing about it... at least those readers who aren't fellow sojourners on this adventure of toddlerhood! I will write about something else, someday, but for now, as a frustrated mom with only one thing on my mind, indulge me. Pray for me. Encourage me. Help me! ;-)

(I'm adding to my list of Deceptive Tips daily, as I find success in hiding veggies and protein. If you are a fellow frustrated mom, I hope you find it helpful! If you are a mom who has "been there and done that," I welcome your feedback, tips, words of encouragement and hugs! And if you are neither, well ... again I apologize! LOL!)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Have you seen this site yet?
www.thesneakychef.com

Shari Lau said...

Ya. I've been waiting for the book from our local library... another good find! :-)