Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Favorite Things

I confess, I’m a “shower singer.” While I do sing in public (worship team at church, etc.), I really let loose when I’m in the shower. Name the musical and I can sing the song. Today the song of choice was from The Sound of Music, and while singing about my “Favorite Things” it occurred to me that a list of my favorite things would make a great blog. So, here’s a list of 50 of my most favourite things … in no particular order:

1. Sherman (my hubby) – ok, so he’s not a “thing,” but no list would be complete without him
2. Since I’m naming people too - My family
3. Pictures of my nephews - they adorn my home and my office
4. Risotto from Don Francesco’s in Vancouverto die for
5. Movies – all kinds
6. The perfect night’s sleep
7. Showers – not baths – showers
8. Scrumptious body washes – my current fav, Softsoap’s “Shea Butter”
9. Cozy P.J.s
10. Lazy nights curled up on the couch watching TV or a movie
11. Trying new recipes
12. Christmas – everything related to the holidays
13. Laughter – the sound of life being celebrated
14. My photo albums & scrapbooks – memories of friends and special times
15. IKEA – Sherman calls it my “mother ship”
16. Fun and funky pens and sticky notes
17. Decorating magazines
18. A good book – particularly anything by Frank Peretti
19. Music – I need music on around me 24/7, if I’m not listening, I’m singin’
20. The crisp air of a perfect fall morning
21. The vibrant colours of fall
22. a perfectly clean house
23. a cozy blanket
24. the crackle of a fire
25. Roses
26. Candles
27. Baskets – I love baskets for everything!
28. Sunday morning drives to church
29. Road trips & travel
30. The Oregon Coast
31. the perfect photograph
32. Quiet Time – being still
33. redecorating
34. chocolate
35. Shopping
36. weekend get-a-ways
37. watching my hubby on the drums – I get a kick out of how much fun he seems to have
38. Creative juices – the rush of adrenaline when you get on a roll with something
39. Gift giving – for no reason
40. My bed
41. Grocery shopping early in the morning
42. Driving
43. Saturday mornings
44. My home
45. A really good cup of coffee
46. The perfect Mac n’ Cheese
47. Hotels – I love staying in hotels!
48. Brunch on a lazy day.
49. Funky socks
50. Long walks on the beach

6 comments:

Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

Good list, Shari! What's risotto?

Shari Lau said...

You've never had risotto? Oh my gosh I should sooooo have you and Jonathan over for dinner some time! ;-) It's rice, but Italian rice (arborio), cooked up creamy like a creamy pasta. Soooooooo good!

Rachel said...

Fantastic list Shari!! It's got me thinking about MY favourite things. And funny thing, I was singing that exact song at work the other morning!! :)

Jenny said...

That sounds like a great way to celebrate life!

Sharon said...

I love your list! I'd say ditto to pretty much everything you mentioned. I've got bunches of favourite things listed too.

I haven't had risotto in so long. Maybe I'll have that for dinner tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hm, does Sherman read this blog? If I didn't know better, I'd say that the following numbers on your list are a MASSIVE load of hints for him:

#6, 24-26, 29-30, 34-36, 39, 47, 48 & 50.

;) Good luck with that...