Sunday, February 21, 2010

What a card!

Today was "Card Reading Day," a day set aside to... well... read cards. ;-) It must have been created by a greeting card company as a ploy to get us in their stores to buy what we read, but alas Hallmark, Carlton Cards, etc. made no money on the Lau family today. In fact, I'm not a huge fan of greeting cards. I could halk it up to the long summers I spent working in a card factory during university, but in all honesty it's more the high cost of the cards and the waste it seems when you simply throw the card away not long after you get it. That may sound cynical I guess, but my day can be brightened just as easily by a nice email or e-card. So if you are reading this and are tempted to send me a paper card for my upcoming birthday... think twice and send me an e-card instead! ;-)

That being said, if I do read, buy or receive cards I prefer them to be funny. The cheesy, sentimental, tear-jerking cards aren't for me. Bring on the giggles and your my friend for life. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

What did you do to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: Three choices -- "Be Humble Day", "Walking the Dog Day" or "International World Thinking Day"

No comments: