Monday, March 22, 2010

The Hardest Job in the Universe

Yesterday was National Single Parents Day.

I once heard it said that the job of a single parent is the hardest job in the universe. I have to agree. Being a parent in general is hard, even when you have a spouse to help you out. So I can't imagine what it would be like to go it alone. To work all day only to come home and have to care for your kids by yourself. To be up all night with a sick little one, and then still be expected to get up in the morning, go to work, care for the house, the family, the car, the meals... by yourself.

As I've said many times in my journals on this blog, I am eternally grateful for my husband and partner in this journey of parenting. Knowing that someone has my back, and can pick up the slack when I'm an tired is such a blessing.

So here's to all the single parents out there! May you be rewarded in heaven for tackling what I can only imagine feels like an impossible task!

***********************

What did you do to celebrate yesterday? What will you do today?

Today's holidays: International Good Off Day; Roller Coaster Day; We Love Broccoli Day; National Sing Out Day; National Badminton Day; Coq au Vin Day

No comments: