Monday, May 24, 2010

Memos, Pudding, Taffy, and Escargot

With the first long weekend of the "summer" finally here, I have to admit that my daily celebrations fell by the wayside. Not because we went away or were too busy long-weekending it, but honestly more because the choice of celebrations didn't do much for me.

Friday was memo day. I wrote a memo to myself to pray more, treasure more and celebrate more. That was it.

Saturday was Vanilla Pudding Day, the only day I really had intended to celebrate. I even bought vanilla pudding in advance for the occassion. And the I just plain forgot about it in the midst of our family fun day of movies, sleeping and just enjoying one another. The pudding is still in the cupboard, uneaten. But the intention was there... does that count?

Sunday was either Taffy Day or World Turtle Day. I'm not a fan of taffy. I hate it when it gets stuck in my teeth! And turtles? Well, aside from playing with a toy turtle my daughter has, our Sunday was truly a lazy day of rest after an incredibly uplifting time of worship with our friends at The Life Centre.

And today, well today was "Escargot Day," and I have one word for that... YUCK! ;-) So, instead we celebrated Victoria Day (a day off for us in Canada) with some family time at the mall and at a local park. It was a good day... free of escargot.

What have you done to celebrate life lately?

Tomorrow: National Missing Children Day; Tap Dance Day; Brown Bag It Day; Wine Day.

No comments: