Sunday, June 06, 2010

What have you done?

What have you done to celebrate life of late? I ask that at the end of each post, but seriously - I want to know. If you read this blog with any regularity, let me know what you've done to celebrate life lately, and why. I'd love to hear from you.

The journey in our 365 Days of Celebration continues. While admittedly I have found it hard to intentionally celebrate each day, whether it be because the day's holiday of choice left me perplexed or because the rocky journey we've been on of late has left me feeling uninspired, I have made every attempt to celebrate -- even when I didn't feel like it. And through that I've been blessed. Blessed to be reminded that, even in the darkest of storms there is light at the end of the tunnel. Encouraged by the reminder each day of what I've been blessed with. And filled with the Lord's love and peace on days when the holiday to celebrate has left me pondering deeper thoughts of His faithfulness, His promises and His grace.

***************

So, to recap the past few days of celebration:

Thursday was an easy day to celebrate in the Lau house. It was Egg Day. We love eggs and usually have eggs every day for breakfast in some form. Packed with protein, we love them scrambled, fried, in an omelet, baked in a quiche, poached... you name it, we eat it! Even our little monkey-pants loves eggs!

Friday we were supposed to celebrate National Doughnut Day with a trip to our favourite Canadian hang-out, Tim Horton's. But alas the day got away from us and by the time we made it home from our evening appointment, all we could think about was getting our over tired monkey to bed and following her soon there after! We'll have to cash in on our doughnut later!

Saturday was World Environment Day, so as I cleaned the house I did my part for the environment by ensuring all our recycleables were in their proper place. I dusted off our energy efficient bulbs too, and made low low energy appliances gleam.

Today was Yo-Yo Day, and while we did not play with yo-yos, we did enjoy watching the mood of our 19-month-old toddler bounce up and down like a yo-yo! Without a morning nap (which she is slowly giving up), and a long and activity filled day at church, by the time we got her in the car she was plum tuckered out. Three hours later (with a short transfer from the car to her crib), she was a yo-yo of engery, tears, laughter, hugs, trantrums and cuddles until she hit the hay again at 8.

***************

What have you done to celebrate today?

Tomorrow: Chocolate Icecream Day!

No comments: